Senior Manager- Credit Approval (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the role of Senior Manager- Credit Approval in our CEO Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Head of Retail Credit
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Head of Retail Credit, the role holder will be responsibl for having independent credit sign off on all credits and deal driven credit applications, performing financial analysis and in-depth credit assessment/evaluation review whilst providing credit approval for all credit covering various products extending customers within the delegated authority limit.
- Review and approve Retail credit facilities within delegated authority and maintain a good balance between returns and risk exposure.
- Participate in the review and updating the Bank’s credit policies and procedures
- Approve credit applications within delegated authority
- Review and update the new guidelines / regulations / policies released by the regulatory bodies and Head Office applicable to the Bank’s credit risk management
- Responsible for processing evaluation on credit applications and preparing credit opinion/ recommendation / commentary for senior management when higher level of approval authority is required.
- Provide advice to business units in structuring credit / loan transactions and perform credit analysis.
- Identify and highlight exceptions against the Bank’s lending policy / standard terms and conditions being offered to credit applicants
- Periodically representing the Credit Department in meetings and forums as may be assigned by Head of Credit.
- Manage and monitor loan portfolio, ensure credit quality and full compliance of Bank’s policies and lending guidelines
- Regularly review and update the Retail banking score cards to ensure that they are working effectively
- Lead the Retail credit approval team, developing them to achieve set targets.
- Grow & develop Retail Credit staff skills & competencies to meet business requirements (coaching, mentoring, counselling etc. to improve quality of reports/returns submitted, working practices, design & format of documents/returns & procedures to ensure maximum potential of team members is achieved, ensure effective succession planning, etc).
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor or above Degree in Finance, Banking, business, or related subjects.
- Credit certification is a must have.
- At least 7 years’ experience in a Financial Institution, 5 of which have been in Credit Approval/Analyst function within retail banking field.
- Credit and Financial analysis skills.
- Self-driven and ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Awareness of business issues concerning the retail market, commercial banking practices & current economic events.
- Thorough understanding of internal Credit policy.
- Thorough knowledge of FIA guidelines & regulations on asset quality
- Good interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Good excellent negotiation skills with a commercial focus.
- Dispute resolution; ability to resolve contentious issues.
- Leadership, management & team building skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Ability to exercise the highest level of responsibility and confidentiality.
- Business acumen.
- Strong understanding of small and medium enterprises.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 12th August 2022 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.