Finacle Specialist (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the vacancy of Finacle Specialist in the Operations (COO) Domain. Details are as below:
REPORTING TO: Core Banking Systems Manager
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Core Banking Systems Manager, the role holder will be responsible for providing expert advice and delivery of quality second level application support for the Bank’s Finacle Core Banking Application within the designated service portfolio.
- Design, configure, deploy, and maintain the state of the enterprise security for Core Banking system and related applications.
- Analysis and resolution of Finacle related issues which have been escalated from bank L1 support team during operations and maintain proper documentation/logs for resolution provided.
- Co-ordinate with L3 support and product vendor in case of product bug/enhancement requirement and follow up with the vendor for early resolution and solution. Provide alternate solutions while pending the final resolution to help the bank to continue with the business functions.
- Connect24 and Finacle Integrator Support.
- Owning all core Banking calls assigned in the service plus system to carry out problem investigation and analysis, follow-up with the respective teams/Infosys and update the status with issue resolution and follow-up for closure.
- Knowledge transfer to end users, L1 and L2 team members through organized on job and off-job training.
- Own and document all Customization-Modifications done to the Core Banking system for continuity.
- Customization-Modification of existing Customizations, review of new customization requests. Design, development, and deployment of the same in production upon business confirmation.
- Provision of advisory services to the Bank on the optimum use of Finacle product.
- Bottom-line responsibility for all product issues related to Finacle.
- Plan, co-ordinate and implement security measures to safeguard the Core Banking platform against accidental or unauthorized access or modification to the system.
- Schedule, plan and supervise the installation and testing of new products, upgrades, patches, or improvement to the Finacle product suite.
- Gather system enhancement, data extract requests and reporting requirements from system users and work closely with the information technology team to develop detailed technical requirements and resulting specifications.
- Maintains Core Banking systems performance by performing proactive system capacity and availability monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Customize the Finacle Front-end and Back-end Functionality.
- Manage, configure, and optimise Finacle C24 and FI and interface with internal and external applications.
- Carry out problem investigations and Effectively trouble shoot Finacle Problems.
- Provide support to Level 1 and Level 2 resources.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other related field from a reputable university or college.
- Certification in Oracle database management preferred.
- Significant experience in Oracle SQL/PLSQL.
- Hands on experience with Unix operating systems and Bash scripting.
- Finacle Core Banking Functional Systems Training.
- Finacle Core Banking Functional ends user support and End of day execution experience/knowledge.
- Finacle Patching and Deep architecture knowledge.
- ITIL Foundation training.
- 3 – 5 years technical experience supporting Finacle banking system in medium to large organizations.
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality, including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
- Software Development Life Cycle skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks.
- Maintain a positive attitude under stressful conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Team leadership experience.
- Analytical Thinking & Complex Problem solving.
- Planning and Organization.
- Achievement Orientation – Set and meet aggressive commitments for self and others.
- Strategic Perspective – Establish priorities, challenging goals, and measurements consistent with these goals and organizational vision.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-Making – Define issues and focus on achieving workable solutions to obstacles.
- Good Communicator – Presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Leadership and Interpersonal Skills – Create a culture of continuous development and ownership with self and the team.
- Inspire Commitment –Actions and behaviour are consistent with words.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Monday 6th December 2021 to the email address indicated below:
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300469.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.