Credit Monitoring Officer (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the role of Credit Monitoring Officer in our CEO Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Senior Manager- Credit Support & Monitoring
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Senior Manager- Credit Support & Monitoring, the role holder will monitor and control the credit risk of the bank at portfolio level in compliance with credit policy and BOU guidelines to uphold the quality of the loan portfolio.
- Tracks and monitors post approval covenants and ensures any breaches are highlighted and escalated accordingly.
- Checks whether account classification and provisions are in line with regulatory and policy requirements and report any exceptions for further review.
- Check the loan accounts for correct implementation of approved interest rates /floor rates are correctly implemented in the system.
- Perform checks to ensure annual review dates are documented, followed and applicable fees are recovered/charged.
- Conduct checks to ensure that approved facility terms in the offer letter are aligned with those in the bank’s core system.
- Engage relationship managers for resolution of outstanding issues in their portfolios in regard to covenants, arrears, collateral, insurance.
- Proactively share with relationship managers information regarding upcoming instalments, reviews, insurance dues, visits, maturing obligations at least 3 months ahead.
- Check and highlight deferred deliverable items are complied with in the agreed timelines and advise management on the same.
- Identifies Warning Signs across the portfolio and report accordingly.
- Working closely with Credit team and Relationship Managers (RMs) to obtain required information for his/her work and ensure compliance with the approved facility terms.
- Check compliance with approved drawdown programs for project finance loans and other loans where necessary and confirm whether recommendations have been complied with.
- Periodically accompanying RMs to client visits and/or meetings to address credit risk matters.
- Escalate issues to the line manager within the agreed timelines.
- Advise whether all processes adhere to laid down controls and procedures in accordance with bank policies and Prudential Guidelines issued by the Central Bank and any other relevant regulatory requirements.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor or above Degree in Finance, Banking, Business, or related subjects.
- Credit certification/accreditation will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 4 years overall banking experience 2 of which should have been within Relationship Management or Credit Risk environment.
- Strong analytical and numerical skills supported by experience in credit analysis.
- Good interpretation and decision-making ability.
- Ability to read and comprehend financial statements, credit write-ups and loan documentation.
- Ability to manage complex and multifaceted stakeholders.
- Effective communicator and influencer.
- Excellent negotiation and stakeholder management skills.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail.
- Excellent understanding of the banking act and prudential guidelines.
- Good knowledge of banking products and evolving credit risk management systems; and loan administration.
- Good understanding of legal risks and laws applicable to Banking and Finance relating to lending and credits documentation.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 12th August 2022 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.