Banking Officer- Trade Finance Documentation (1 Position)
dfcu Bank is a fast-growing Bank in Uganda offering a wide range of financial solutions to its chosen market segments. We are seeking to recruit for the role of Banking Officer- Trade Finance Documentation in our Operations (COO) Domain to support our expansion strategy.
REPORTING TO: Manager- Trade Finance and Financial Market Operations
JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to Manager- Trade Finance and Financial Market Operations, the role holder will be charged with the role of processing and drafting of Bids and Guarantees documents and preparation of release of these instruments.
- Timely and accurate processing and preparation of bids and guarantees, from approval of credit application and attachments like Bid Data Sheets as per the approved service levels agreements.
- Compile and maintain MIS reports daily and share with the business on the status of files for Bids and Guarantees in the unit.
- Performance of due diligence-check i.e., KYC prior to documentation and advise the business as the documents are sent through the bids and guarantee documents.
- Compliance / adherence to the set process flows and procedures while highlighting any areas that require improvements.
- Obtain acknowledgements of bids and guarantees issued out on a daily basis.
- Support the unit Manager during the investigation and querying of the items outstanding on the Guarantees accounts (Cash and non-cash covered).
- Submit daily reports to the unit Manager on the status of the day’s activities to avoid any surprises.
- Receive and resolve customer queries that relate to bids and guarantees within the agreed timelines and the mutual satisfaction of all parties.
- Escalation though incident of any process gaps that result into potential or actual loss to the Senior Banking Officer Treasury Operations.
- Identifying and reporting suspicious activity in line with the AML/CFT, KYC programs in and the bank policies / regulatory framework.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE and COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
- A University Bachelor of Laws Degree.
- At least 2 years banking experience.
- A sound knowledge of the principles and practice of banking.
- In-depth knowledge of the principles governing Banking & Corporate Law, Land Law, Mortgages and Leasing, among others.
- Underwriting standards and good working knowledge of Trade operations.
- The ability to engage with all the key stake holders in and out of the organisation.
- Effective communication, good interpersonal and research skills.
- Self-motivation, result orientation with ability to make appropriate decisions as and when required.
- Ability to prioritize daily tasks.
- Ability to work with strict deadlines.
- Customer oriented (Internal and external.)
- High level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Ability to pay attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively work within a team-oriented environment.
- Able to work under very demanding deadlines or timelines.
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), by close of business on Friday 12th August 2022 to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.